Whether or not you are politically aware, there is no better way to support the candidates and the issues that impact your professional and personal lives. Your contribution, combined with the donations from your BOMA colleagues from across the U.S., will help ensure that BOMA International has the power to back those members of Congress who show leadership and commitment to commercial real estate issues. So let your voice be heard!
Help BOMA San Francisco Advocacy Leader, Jim Collins (pictured above), as he leads the effort for BOMA San Francisco to ensure that congressional seats are held by individuals who understand real estate’s issues and challenges and can have a positive impact on your livelihood.
Can we count on you to send a check or fill out this form with your credit card information? Members typically donate $100 to $250, but any amount would help the cause. Checks or credit card information should be sent to:
BOMA San Francisco
Attention to: John Bozeman (email@example.com)
233 Sansome Street, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94104
Your support of the BOMA International PAC enables them to pursue their vital effort to protect and enhance our industry in the following ways:
- BOMAPAC is the only voice solely representing multi-tenant office building owners and managers in Washington, DC.
- BOMA has been the lead organization in pressing for a permanent 15 year Leasehold Depreciation schedule with Congress.
- BOMA has been a key leader in promoting tax credits for energy efficiency upgrades to commercial real estate.
- BOMA was one of the key groups who lobbied Congress to renew the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act coverage for commercial property owners, which was recently passed.
- BOMA continues to lobby to retain the so-called carried interest tax obligation on real estate developments as a capital gains tax item rather treating it as ordinary income.
- BOMA International is the only commercial real estate organization that is active and effective in the international building codes writing and adoption process. New codes or amended existing codes can have a huge and long-lasting impact on our industry.