Under state and federal law, a place of public accommodation is generally a business where the public will enter a building to obtain goods and services, such as banks, day care centers, hotels, offices, restaurants, retail stores, et cetera.
- Extend all compliance deadlines by six-months resulting in the first deadline of January 1, 2019.
- Eliminate the administrative fee of $97.
- Require property owners to provide a 30-day notice to building tenants prior to filing the permit application.
- Qualify buildings under Category 1, if any of the following descriptions apply:
- building owners mandated to meet earthquake retrofit electing to comply with this ordinance’s requirements prior to this Program’s compliance deadlines.
- building owners fi ling a permit application on or after the effective date of this ordinance to alter a building or a portion thereof was altered, or is proposed to be altered, with the owner electing to comply with this ordinance’s requirements prior to this Program’s compliance deadlines.