|BOMA SF Executive Vice President Marc Intermaggio and SFMTA Director of Transportation Ed Reiskin|
The SFMTA is the City’s mobility manager and operates the entire surface transportation network that encompasses pedestrians, bicycling, transit, traffic and parking and regulates the taxi industry. As such, Mr. Reiskin provided a great deal of information in a short time frame. Here are the highlights from his presentation:
- SFMTA 6 Year Plan: Fiscal Year 2013 – Fiscal Year 2018 SFMTA Strategic Plan
- The Strategic Plan is the Agency's commitment to set the wheels in motion for a more connected, sustainable and vibrant San Francisco by building upon the City’s Transit First policy.
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (Muni)
- Mr. Reiskin mentioned that Muni is the Agency's biggest service.
- He spoke to the issues that riders may experience including the aging fleet of transit conveyances. Muni has the oldest fleet in the nation although there are plans to replace a percentage of older coaches and light rail vehicles in the near term.
- Training new drivers is also a priority for the SFMTA
- Infrastructure Improvements
- SFPark Program
- In the pilot phase at this time according to Mr. Reiskin.
- Van Ness Avenue and Geary Boulevard Bus Rapid Transit proposals