The goal of the California Commercial Real Estate Summit is to increase public policy and political awareness of state issues, and to foster collaborative efforts among business leaders from all sectors of California and their representatives in the State Legislature.
- The benefits to residential and commercial properties of Proposition 13 and to not support a split-roll measure, whatever form that may take.
- BOMA San Francisco members lobbied the California State Legislature on this issue and they were receptive to our concerns.
- BOMA Supported Solar Mandates
- Supporting bills by State Senator Scott Wiener (D - San Francisco) that would affect new construction only and a rebate program to subsidize the cost of batteries to store the energy.
- Parcel Tax Notification Measure
- Supporting measures that requires property owners be notified in a timely manner when a parcel tax measure impacting their property qualifies for a local ballot.
- The death of the Dual Agency measure
- Thanks to BOMA California members, a bill that would have required that a building owner and tenant be represented in lease negotiation separately, has been killed.