BOMA San Francisco Members:
As part of the Station Modernization Project, BART will replace outdated electrical equipment at Embarcadero Station. The electrical equipment — 480 volt switchgear — ensures power supply for functions critical to operation of trains and the station such as fire protection, fare equipment and lighting. A temporary generator will be located on site for use if necessary. Equipment removal and installation will occur primarily overnight when BART trains are not running. During the project, you can expect minimal construction-related noise.
Work Activity Details
- Description: Preliminary electrical work, placing fencing to establish a work zone and installing new 480 volt switchgear
- Equipment: Trucks, trailer and an emergency generator
- Location: Inside electrical rooms (non-public areas), inside the station adjacent to the electrical room, and above the station plaza on Market Street between Pine and Drumm streets
- Start Date: Early February 2011
- Duration: Approximately one month
- Hours: Most work at night when BART trains are not running, emergency work as necessary
To contact the 480 Volt Switchgear Replacement Project or obtain additional information, please call Sharla Sullivan, Community Liaison, at (510) 287-4982.