The San Francisco Energy Watch was launched in 2007 to help businesses and multifamily building managers or owners in San Francisco lower their energy bills and help the City reduce its impact on the environment.
The program offers these energy- and cost-saving benefits:
- FREE on-site assessments to identity energy savings
- NEW ENERGY-EFFICIENT EQUIPMENT and technical services at greatly reduced cost
- EXPERT INSTALLATION of energy-saving equipment
- LOWER UTILITY BILLS over the life of the new equipment
The program is funded by California utility ratepayers and administered by Pacific Gas and Electric Company in collaboration with the City and County of San Francisco and under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
Please click here to learn more about this program. You may also contact Ryan Chan, Energy Efficiency Specialist with the San Francisco Department of Environment at email@example.com.
Commercial Plus Program
The Commercial Plus Program is designed to help any type of business in San Francisco, including nonprofit organizations, to save money and energy while reducing their carbon footprint. The program offers free on-site energy assessments and helps arrange for licensed Preferred Contractors to complete energy-efficient upgrades at greatly reduced cost. All businesses within the city limits that are electric and/or natural gas customers of PG&E are eligible to participate.
This program offers a wide range of energy-saving upgrades from lighting to computer network improvements. It can accommodate customers who need flexibility in equipment selection, vendor/contractor selection, or want to install equipment themselves.
Small businesses can choose the Direct Install turnkey services option, which saves them the time and effort of decision-making. Program staff will handle the equipment and contractor selection, coordinate installation, and conduct an inspection when the work is completed.
- Lighting and Lighting Controls
- General overhead, high-bay, exterior, spot, decorative, signage, and display lighting, occupancy sensors, and timers.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Equipment and HVAC Controls
- Variable Frequency Drives, high-efficiency motors, cooling systems, pipe insulation, hot water, and steam equipment.
- Refrigeration Equipment and Controls
- Gaskets, strip curtains, door closers, heater-door controls, ECM fan motors, and fan motor controls.
- Commercial Food Service Equipment
- High-efficiency refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, connectionless steamers, and vending machine controls.
- Network Level Computer Power Management Software
- Network level control over the power settings of all Microsoft Windows-based computers.