BOMA San Francisco Members:
Please consider attending the upcoming CAPSS seminars:
Tuesday, July 19, 10:30 AM. New Zealand Postearthquake Building Evaluations, with Ron Gallagher, S.E.. Mr. Gallagher recently visited Christchurch, New Zealand to survey the aftermath of the recent earthquakes there, and to investigate that city's use of the ATC-20 Postearthquake Safety Evaluation program. He will present a slide show and talk about his findings. (Mr. Gallagher is the original author of the ATC-20 document.) This seminar will be in the CAPSS office, San Francisco City Hall, Room 34 and will be followed by a brown bag lunch with informal discussion. Everyone is invited; earthquake staff and interns from around the Bay Area will be attending.
Future CAPSS Tuesday morning seminars include:
- Tuesday, July 26, 10:30 AM. San Francisco’s Earthquake History, with Pat Buscovich, S.E..
- Tuesday, August 2. Gaining Resilience by Reducing Damage to Equipment and Contents, with Peter Yanev.
- Tuesday, August 9. Historic Buildings and Earthquakes, with Alice Carey.
- Tuesday, August 16. Motivating the Public for Earthquake Hazard Mitigation, with Sharyl Rabinovici.
- Tuesday, August 23. Earthquake Insurance, with Janiele Maffei.
- Tuesday, August 30. Resilient Cities, with Chris Poland.
Please contact Mr. Laurence Kornfield with the CAPSS Earthquake Safety Implementation Program at
email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.