UPDATE - As of January 12, 2012
The issue of Mobile Food Facilities (Food Trucks) was discussed on KQED's Forum radio program recently. Forum participants included:
- Ken Cleaveland, BOMA San Francisco's Director of Government and Public Affairs
- Matthew Cohen, founder of Off the Grid
- Rob Black, executive director of the Golden Gate Restaurant Association
- Tim Volkema, co-owner of the Kasa Indian eatery and the Kasa Indian food truck
Please click here to listen to the discussion. BOMA San Francisco's Advocacy Team is working with Supervisor Scott Wiener to help address the proliferation of Food Trucks in the Financial District and other issues raised by the various stakeholders. We will continue to update BOMA members on the progress of the dialogue in future blog posts. Stay tuned!
NOTE - the San Francisco Department of Public Works (SFDPW) has initiated the posting of the Notices of Intent for Mobile Food Facilities. Please bookmark this webpage and continue to check it for updated information going forward: http://www.sfdpw.org/index.aspx?page=1463. The webpage includes the following data:
- What happens next? - Protests, Denial, DPW Administrative Hearing and Permit Appeals
- Check Scheduled Hearings
We look forward to our next meeting with all stakeholders and will notify BOMA members in a future blog post of the meeting date, time and possible discussion points.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Ken Cleaveland at firstname.lastname@example.org and John Bozeman at email@example.com.