- Traffic control
- Foot patrol of business and residential areas
- Reporting criminal activity
- Looting and property damage observation
- Supplying information to the incident Command Post
- Working in partnership with NERT volunteers to provide well-being checks
- Assisting with medical aid
- Assisting with Command Post functions
- Assisting Animal Care and Control in the handling of pets
- Securing resource locations
- Delivering logistical supplies
Thursday, March 20, 2014
San Francisco Police Department ALERT Program - Call for Volunteers
BOMA San Francisco Members:
The goal of the program is to locate, train, and then coordinate volunteers to safely perform essential tasks after a major disaster. Such tasks might include:
In addition, ALERT members will direct individuals to mass casualty and shelter locations, assist at reunification centers, provide support at schools for reunification, and participate in Operation Return.
Call for Volunteers
Volunteers will receive training from both the San Francisco Fire Department and the San Francisco Police Department. ALERT volunteers will first complete NERT training and then graduate into an 8 hour Police Department course specifically designed for ALERT team members. The ALERT program will have Basic, Senior, and Supervisory level positions. Based upon the volunteer’s level of additional training, he/she may wish to obtain Senior or Supervisory level status.
If you're interested, please click here and follow the instructions to become a SFPD ALERT team member.