California’s green building code becomes mandatory on January 1, 2011 and will affect all new commercial construction. New mandatory measures address planning and design in the following areas:
- Site development;
- Water efficiency and conservation for both indoor and outdoor water use;
- Energy efficiency;
- Material conservation and resource efficiency including water resistance and moisture management;
- Construction waste reduction, disposal and recycling;
- Building maintenance and operation;
- Pollutant control;
- Indoor moisture control;
- Indoor and outdoor air quality;
- Environmental comfort.
The California Building Standards Commission is offering a series of regional half-day workshops to help you prepare. Workshops will provide an overview of the new mandatory standards, voluntary tier structure, compliance checklists and code publication dates. In addition, speakers will provide answers to your specific code questions.
CALGreen classes are being offered up and down the state from San Diego to Redding. Make sure you are prepared. For more information and to register, visit this website, CALGreen Workshops.