BOMA San Francisco Members:
On June 1, 2010, Johanna Partin, Director of Climate Protection Initiatives in Mayor Gavin Newsom's Office, presented the City and County of San Francisco's Climate Protection Strategy to BOMA San Francisco's Energy & Environment Committee. You can review the presentation by clicking here.
- San Francisco wants a carbon neutral transportation system by 2030.
- Charging stations will be installed in the City and Johanna is working with the San Francisco Department of Building Inspection to streamline the permit system with residential property owners.
- Curbside charging may be a possibility.
- What is the cost to commercial property owners to install a charging station?
- Depends on the type of charging station and equipment: L1, L2 or L3 (L3 is the fastest)
- 1 - normal plug;
- 2 - clothes dryer type plug;
- 3 - still under development and will be much more expensive than L1 or L2 stations.
- The City is working with car companies that will start the permit process to allow a car buyer to install a charging station at home if they buy an electric car.