BOMA San Francisco Members:
As you may have heard, the Muni operators union, TWU 250-A, rejected the modest concessions proposed by the Mayor's Office. Even after every other city union has gone through rounds of cuts to hours and pay, the TWU rejected very modest concessions that would have restored service that had been cut. We need to qualify real Muni reform for the November ballot now more than ever.
There's just three weeks left to gather the signatures the campaign needs to get Muni reform on the ballot. Can you help?
In addition to signing the petition yourself, there are three ways you can help get Muni reform on the ballot this week -- the first two of which you can do right now:
- Donate to the campaign. Your donation will help the campaign pay for materials, signs, and paid signature gatherers to complement our volunteer efforts. All told, the campaign is expected to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Can you donate to the campaign? If you can make a donation of $100, $50, or even $25, you'll be directly helping them reach more voters, gather more signatures, and move Muni reform closer to becoming a reality. Click here to donate.
- Email your friends asking them to sign the petition today. A number of voters still don't know just how important it is that they sign this petition. We're trying hard to reach them all, but people who know you are far more likely to take your word that they should sign this petition. Can you send an email to your contacts, letting them know to sign the petition, and to spread the word? Here's a sample email you can use:
I wanted to make sure you knew about the effort going on right now to get Muni reform on the November ballot. If the campaign, called Fix Muni Now, is successful, the City will be much better able to eliminate inefficient public transit work rules that hurt the Muni system and cost the City-and its taxpayers-millions of dollars each year.
In order to get the measure on the ballot, the campaign needs to gather a total of nearly 50,000 voter signatures by the beginning of July. I've signed the petition, and I hope, if you run into a signature gatherer, that you do too. You can see a list of where signature gatherers are going to be, and learn more about the campaign, at www.fixmuninow.com.
- Lastly, please help the campaign gather signatures this week. They could use your help! Signature-gathering is easy -- They'll provide you with a clipboard, pens, petitions, and good company. This week, here's where they'll be:
- Wednesday, June 16, 4:30-6:00 PM: ¬ Geneva at Mission
- Thursday, June 17, 4:30-6:00 PM: ¬ Glen Park BART
- Friday, June 18, 4:30-6:00 PM: ¬ Balboa Park BART
- Saturday June 19, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM: ¬ Clement Street
- Sunday, June 20, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM: Sunday Streets at Mission and 24th Street