- Sign-up and pay for adequate recycling, composting and trash service.
- Have the appropriate number, color and size containers placed close together in convenient locations at your site.
- Educate and train tenants and employees on the program.
- Work with the hired janitorial staff or contractors to create an effective program.
- Make sure your building is participating in separating materials.
Friday, June 11, 2010
UPDATE: Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance
As we have posted on the blog previously, San Francisco now has a city-wide mandatory recycling and composting requirement. There are five mandatory areas that property managers need to address in the ordinance:
There could be fines for buildings that do not provide an adequate program (#1-4 above), but there will not be fines for buildings that do not properly separate all materials until at least July 1, 2011.