Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Message From Scott Weiner BOMA SF-PAC Endorsed Candidate for San Francisco District 8 Supervisor


Scott Weiner, District 8 Candidate for Supervisor addresses the members of the BOMA San Francisco Government and Public Affairs Committee.

From Scott Weiner:

First, I would like to thank BOMA San Francisco and its leadership for their endorsement and support for my run for San Francisco Supervisor in District 8, which covers the Castro, Noe Valley, Glen Park and Diamond Heights areas.

I am running for Supervisor because I care deeply about San Francisco and the neighborhoods of District 8. I have spent the past 13 years working to improve our city and our neighborhoods. I was one of the founding board members of the LGBT Community Center, serving as board co-chair, and saw that project through construction, opening, and the hiring of the first two executive directors. I served as president of my neighborhood association, and I co-founded Castro Community on Patrol, a grassroots community safety organization. Politically, I served as Chairman of the San Francisco Democratic Party. Under my leadership, the Party registered 15,000 voters. I continue to serve as an elected member of the Democratic County Central Committee, and I co-chaired the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club. I am a Deputy City Attorney in the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office.

As Supervisor, I will continue to work to improve San Franciscans' quality of life, focusing on key issues like transportation, public safety, job creation, and public health. I will work collaboratively with my colleagues, with the residents of District 8, and with others to ensure that San Francisco city government is as effective as it can be.

I would love for you to be involved in the campaign. You can check out my website at www.scott2010.com. To get involved, please email my campaign manager, Adam Taylor, at adam@scott2010.com.

Thank you for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture