While EPA is still at an early stage in the rulemaking process, they have indicated that the Program’s reach may cover buildings that are:
- constructed before 1978 and owned by federal, state, local or municipal governments;
- owned by the private sector, without regard to vintage or age of construction;
- leased in whole or in part by the federal government, the largest commercial office tenant in the country;
- occupied by women of child-bearing years, or men that may be prone to hypertension;
- sites of interior renovations where more than six square feet of painted surfaces are disturbed per room; or
- sites of exterior renovations where more than 20 square feet of painted surfaces are disturbed.
The Coalition’s comments may be found online.