BOMA San Francisco Members,
BOMA San Francisco's Government Affairs Policy Advisory Committee (GAPAC), met with San Francisco District 7 Supervisor Norman Yee recently. Here are the highlights from the meeting:
- Children’s education/supporting families (he was former chair of the SF Board of Education)
- Developing a Task Force to keep them in San Francisco
- Housing + Job Creation
- Feels that the economic gap needs to be addressed
- Participatory budget meetings with community input
- Pedestrian Safety
- Supports Vision Zero – an SF initiative to reduce traffic deaths to zero in 10 years
- Street Condition
- 1 complaint from voters he represents.
- Very supportive
- District 7 needs more support for local small businesses
- Only one Community Benefit District on Ocean Avenue
- Only two merchant associations
- Had a summit with the SF Chamber of Commerce to address these concerns earlier in the year.
- Businesses in his district do not understand it and don’t have time, in general, to learn more about it.