BOMA San Francisco Members:
As part of its ongoing effort to improve transit service, the SFMTA will be installing a new red carpet on the existing transit-only lanes on Market Street.
The red carpet treatment makes the dedicated transit-only lanes more visible to motorists to ensure the lanes are kept clear for Muni and taxis. The Market Street red carpet lane will be similar to ones already installed on Church Street, 3rd Street, Geary Street and O’Farrell Street. Part of the Customer First Program, red carpet lanes have proven effective in providing better and more reliable Muni service.
When and Where Will Construction Occur?
- Construction starts July 25, 2014;
- Location: Market Street between 5th and 12th streets;
- Duration: Tentative completion date is November 2014;
- Time: 11 p.m. – 5 a.m., Fridays and Saturdays;
- No disruption in Muni Service, buses will be stopping at the curb;
For more information, questions or concerns please contact:
For more on red carpet lanes go to: www.sfmta.com/MarketRedLanes.