Commercial Real Estate
- The coming commercial real estate losses for local and regional banks.
- The inventory issue.
- Problems with subleasing.
- Three possible catalysts for distress.
- Theresa Sparks moving to District 6 this weekend, 'leaning very heavily' toward running for Supervisor.
- The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission's recent newsletter can be found here.
- Bay Area cities lag in making housing quake-safe.
- SF Weekly's take of the Guardian's recent editorial on community choice aggregation.
- Supervisors set sights overseas.
- Ammiano's manners get him bounced from the Castro.
- Bay Bridge shaking.
- Businesses in western SOMA up for debate.
- Marin Municipal Water District sells less water, makes cuts.
- 20 years after Loma Prieta quake, Marin practices preparedness.
- San Mateo City Council race heats up, candidates talk key issues.
- Recology buys Coastside Scavenger.
- The View - Insider's viewpoint: California's costs of doing business.
- Schwarzenegger backs away from veto threat, vows to weigh bills on merits.
- Schwarzenegger to call special session on water.
- What if Tom Campbell had money?
- Dan Walters: California 'murder-suicide of 1998' could repeat itself.
- Calbuzz: Bubba Speaks - What an endorsement is and is not.
- CalPERS pushed hikes now called ‘unsustainable’.
- Legislative employees still get a sweet deal.
- Polling shows little to please Republicans in 2010.
- California chief justice criticizes initiative process.
- Steep losses pose crisis for pensions.
- The economic recovery is well underway.
- Dollar reaches breaking point as banks shift reserves.
- When should the Fed raise rates? (even more wonkish).