The Street Resurfacing Financing Working Group was formed in January 2010 at the request of the Mayor and Board President David Chiu to prepare a specific set of proposals or recommendations to the Mayor, the Board of Supervisors, and the Capital Planning Committee for financing the repaving and/or reconstruction of the City's public streets and rights of way. As you may recall, BOMA San Francisco members have heard about the issue of street resurfacing before in May 2009, and the cost associated to 'catch up' to maintain and possibly improve the Pavement Condition Index (PCI) score--70 is considered passing; San Francisco is currently at 63.
- A Conditional General Tax
- Sales, payroll, utility, or a general parcel.
- A Citywide Benefit Assessment District
- Requires nonresidents to contribute to the costs via a business pass-through
- A Parcel Tax
- Based on the amount of vehicle trips their property generates
- Issue bonds (Click here to review our May 2009 blog post on the
Please take a moment to review the report and send your comments to Ken Cleaveland, BOMA San Francisco's Director of Government and Public Affairs at email@example.com and John Bozeman, BOMA San Francisco's Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments.