BOMA San Francisco Members:
The San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD) has implemented a new upgraded lock box system for San Francisco building owners. The TRACcess lock box solution will provide the San Francisco Fire Department with a more effective and secure way to gain access to local businesses during unattended business hours. This greatly enhances Fire Department response for false alarm, and/or actual fire, reducing potential building damage and waiting for building keys to arrive. After a thorough search for a specific lock box solution that provides the greatest security, access control and access tracking, SFFD selected the TRACcess system from UTC Fire & Security Corp.
TRACcess system benefits
- UL Listed lock box – TRAC-Vault
- Only the Fire Department has the keys used to access the lock box (TRACkey), which are PIN coded, and can be deactivated to prevent any issue of a lost or misplaced key
- TRACkeys record the time/date of access, allowing building owners to know when their lock box was accessed.
- Variety of mounting/security options for building owner preference
- When responding to alarms, the SFFD dispatch center alerts responding apparatus where a lock box is installed for quick access.