Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Process to Abandon an Existing Sub-Sidewalk Basement

BOMA San Francisco Members:

If you wish to abandon your sub-sidewalk basement space, the process to abandon it would involve the following, according to our Department of Public Works Director (SFDPW), Ed Reiskin:
  • Applying for a building permit to construct a shear wall below ground at the property line, and break out the floor space so that no water accumulation occurs;
  • Removing all structural walls and members to a depth of 4 feet below existing grade;  
  • Applying for Street Improvement Permit to reconstruct sidewalk & curb as necessary. 
  • If an existing Minor Sidewalk Encroachment (MSE) exists for said basement, issue a new MSE rescinding the previous MSE and cancelling out the assessment fee.
If you have any questions, please contact SFDPW by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment