BOMA San Francisco Members:
Introducing BOMA International’s new Green Lease Guide – Commercial Lease: Guide to Sustainable and Energy Efficient Leasing for High-Performance Buildings. This update to BOMA’s best–selling Green Lease Guide includes more "green" clauses reflecting the evolution of the market over the past few years, as well as updates to "non–green" clauses.
This definitive guide walks property professionals through the complex language of commercial real estate leases so they can…
- Maintain a green building through energy efficient and sustainable operations and management practices.
- Educate brokers and prospective tenants about what it means to occupy a high performance building.
- Communicate the responsibilities of all parties in the ongoing efforts to keep the building green.
- Three documents are presented: (i) a model form prime Lease Agreement, oriented towards office use but with annotations addressing retail and mixed-use concepts, (ii) a model form Sublease, and (iii) a model form Guaranty of Lease. The documents have been written to stand alone but can easily be used in any combination or as a complete set of three if necessary.
- Hundreds of easy–to–read footnotes provide answers and suggestions to the toughest lease topics.