As we have posted on the blog previously, San Francisco now has a city-wide mandatory recycling and composting requirement. There are five mandatory areas that property managers need to address in the ordinance:
- Sign-up and pay for adequate recycling, composting and trash service.
- Have the appropriate number, color and size containers placed close together in convenient locations at your site.
- Educate and train tenants and employees on the program.
- Work with the hired janitorial staff or contractors to create an effective program.
- Make sure your building is participating in separating materials.